How to Improve Usability in Web Design?
This article is copyright free and is published in Web Design » Internet
A web designer or site owner must always focus on getting a customer-centric web design instead of focusing on their own personal interests. While your site may have the most useful and engaging description, it will not get the desired reaction from the visitors if they find it difficult to get to that description and read it. It is important to have a relevant theme for your web design so that only the targeted traffic reaches your site, gets to the desired information and takes a positive action on the site.
If you fail to make the web design usable for the audience, you can miss the golden opportunity of converting the site visitors into customers. Thus, to prevent such circumstances, you must look for improving the usability of your website design.
Given below are some tips to improve the usability of your site and make it worthy of the attention of the users:
1) The description should be concise and scannable- While informative description is necessary for a successful web design, pouring in all the information at once doesn’t really help. In fact, when you mention everything related to a particular topic on a single web page, the description would be too stretched out and visitors will show no interest in reading the description. You need to ensure that the description is well-structured and is easy to understand without having to read a lot. Don’t play with words, and just get to the point interestingly.
2) Use proper titles and pointers to section out varied information- Sometimes, may be due to lack of space or just for creative need, a web designer has to put information on different topics on a single web page. It is always helpful and user-friendly to have proper page titles and bullet points to make the description more readable and interesting for the users. For instance, if you put information on ‘web design’ and the related services together on one page, the user might not be able to grasp all the information. The best thing to do is use bullet points, different titles, text boxes, etc. to create sections on a single page.
3) White spacing- Another user-friendly element in a web design is spacing. Cluttered web pages can turn off the users quite easily. Ample white space on a web page enhances the design better and makes the description more appealing. By white space, we don’t mean the page should actually be in white. Rather, it simply refers to the blank spaces on a web page that may be in any colour that may be used in a web page.
4) Use call to action- When a user visits your site, your ultimate objective is to drive them through the description and take them to the ‘Contact’ or ‘Shopping Cart’ section. This can be simplified with the use of comprehensive, attractive and interesting call to action.
5) Implement usability testing tools- There are several tools available on the Internet that can be used to test the usability level of your web design. Some such tools include Userfly, Feedback Army and Five Second Test.
The usability of a website largely determines your business’ online success. If you take your online business seriously, you would invest time and money in testing the usability and performance of your site, before making it live. What makes a site qualify as a usable site is the experience of the visitors on the site. If your site visitors are happy, they will be happy to become your customers as well.
Other article from Internet
Introduction to PPC Campaign Management
Pay-per-click or PPC advertising or paid search is a much-used form of direct marketing whereby you get best returns on your investment in advertising. Unlike TV ads and Newspapers (which are examples of push marketing), Pay-per-click advertising is more of a ...
E-Commerce Development- A Necessity for Your Business Prospects
The buying and selling of the products by using the electronic systems like the internet and various other computer systems is commonly called as Electronics Commerce or as we call it E-Commerce. It refers to various online dealings and technologies such as ...
What is Magento Development?
I think you have heard of ecommerce websites where you can shop online and purchase products as per your choice. Magento Development is developing an open source e-commerce platform that is gaining high popularity among all online ecommerce shopping cart ...
HostGator and its Brilliant Services
With a proud legacy of over 7,000,000 hosted domains, HostGator is cited as one of the world’s
finest web hosting companies. The phenomenal consumer response that HostGator has received
is accredited to the superior service offers as well as the efficient ...
Zen Cart Theme for Online Shopping Sites
In order to ensure high returns on the investments, online business owners should know the importance of maintaining easy online shopping carts and web stores. Zen cart theme is a technically advanced and accessible tool that helps in implementing a highly ...